The East Window

The East Window

The East Window in decorated style dates from about 1350, as part of the rebuilding of the Cathedral after the fire of 1292. It is over 50 feet high and has been attributed, but without conclusive evidence; to Ivo de Raughton. Some of the original stained glass survives in the very fine tracery in the upper part of the window, depicting the last judgement of Christ at the top. The lower part of the window, depicting the life of Christ, is the work of Hardman and Co. It dates from 1861, and is in memory of Bishop Hugh Percy.