Carlisle Cathedral is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Carlisle Cathedral may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from the launch of the new website on 30 April 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Contact information including your email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to user surveys.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our service to you
- We may periodically send emails about events or other information which we think you will find interesting using the email you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use the information to contact you for market research purposes
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to navigate away from our site, you should be aware that we do not have any control over that other website. We cannot therefore be responsible for any information you provide to that site, and these sites are not governed by the policy statement of Carlisle cathedral. If you are concerned, you should look at the privacy statement on the site in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you feel any information held by us concerning you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email as soon as possible. We will correct any information which is incorrect.
Please contact the Commercial and Administration Co-ordinator in such circumstances at 7 The Abbey, Carlisle, CA3 8TZ or email email@example.com