Entrance Fees and Photography
We do not charge an entrance fee to the Cathedral, as we believe it should be accessible to all. We do however very much appreciate any donation you are able to give, and we have a suggested donation of £5 for adult visitors. Gift aid envelopes are available to increase the value of your offering, at no additional cost to you.
The Cathedral receives no government funding, and is therefore reliant on the generosity of people like you to help us preserve this wonderful building for future generations.
We ask for a small donation of £1 per person for those visitors who wish to view the fascinating exhibition in the Treasury, situated at the west end of the north nave aisle within the Cathedral. This exhibition is accessible via a short flight of stairs, or a wheelchair lift.
Photography / Filming in the Cathedral
It is possible to take photographs inside the Cathedral, but we would like to draw your attention to the following guidelines.
- If you would like to take photographs or video inside the Cathedral please purchase a permit, from either the Welcome Desk immediately upon entering the Cathedral, or the Gift Shop, which is on your right once inside. Permits for general photography cost just £1.
- Tripod photography is only allowed by prior arrangement, and anyone wishing to take photographs using a tripod is asked to contact in advance Wendy Murrell, the Commercial and Administration Co-ordinator on 01228 548071, or email email@example.com
- Commercial photography and filming is not allowed within the Cathedral or the grounds.
- We would ask that anyone taking photographs respects the privacy of other visitors, particularly when at prayer.
- Specialist photography with access to the misericords requires pre-booking and an additional fee. Anyone interested in this should contact Wendy Murrell, who will organise access with the Vergers Department.
If you have any queries with regard to photography in the Cathedral or its precinct, please speak to a member of staff, who will be able to advise you. All monies collected from the sale of permits are used to help maintain the Cathedral.
Your co-operation in preserving the fabric and atmosphere of this very special place is much appreciated.